We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to help us attract, educate and win clients for our new city data tool, Witan.
Who we are
Mastodon C are agile big data specialists. We are a cutting-edge company, known for being innovative as well as ethical. We provide data science consultancy services to both the public sector and commercial companies. We offer them the open source technology platform and the skills that help realise the potential of data to solve major challenges. The focus of our work is applying data to areas that have a positive impact on the world.
You will be identifying and researching potential customers and their organisations, establishing initial contact with them, and creating content like case studies and blog posts to educate those customers. Primarily for our new product Witan, which uses big data and analytics technologies to improve city and community planning.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Online research, identifying and researching individuals and organisations who may be our customers
- Making initial contact with potential customers and understanding their needs
- Finding creative ways to tell our story and explain our products
You will work day-to-day with our leadership and commercial team to understand what our clients need and how sales and marketing can support Mastodon C’s goals. You will also work with our data science and engineering teams to understand how our products are developing and share their expertise with our clients and community.
Who you are
Our ideal person for this role will:
- Be excited about the potential for applying data to solve important issues in the world
- Have 1+ years experience in SaaS or digital B2B sales
- Be a thoughtful and diligent researcher
- Have experience working with a digital marketing platform (such as Hubspot)
- Enjoy sharing knowledge with technical teams
- Be keen to work collaboratively
- Be keen to work in a small, active team
Salary and work environment
This is a full time opportunity, paying £23K-£28K + commission. We are based in Bermondsey, London.
We’re happy to discuss part-remote or part-time arrangements if those are important for you.
We’re a small, consultative and interactive team, which means that every member has a big influence on how things run and has a lot of control over the way they work.
If this looks like your kind of a role, please contact us at email@example.com with a CV and we’ll talk.
Please note that you need to be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.
No agents please.
Share this article