We’re looking for a marketing intern to help us reach and educate more clients for our innovative new city data tool, Witan. This is a new position, and depending on product progress and your ambitions, it could develop into a permanent role.
who we are
Mastodon C are agile big data specialists. We are a cutting-edge company, known for being innovative as well as ethical. We provide data science consultancy services to both the public sector and commercial companies. We offer them the open source technology platform and the skills that help realise the potential of data to solve major challenges. The focus of our work is applying data to areas that have a positive impact on the world.
You will be supporting lead generation, customer education and awareness building, primarily for our new product Witan, which uses big data, open data, and analytics technologies to improve city planning.
You will be supporting sales and marketing efforts using an inbound marketing approach that has content and client education at its core. Your main responsibilities will be developing written and visual content, promoting content through social media and paid channels, managing automated marketing workflows and analysing marketing performance. You will also help out with events and support the marketing needs of our commercial team.
Your work will involve desk research, copywriting, visual design and campaign management using our HubSpot marketing platform.
You will work day-to-day with our business team and commercial team to understand what our clients need and how marketing can support Mastodon C’s goals. You will also work with our data science team to understand how our products are developing and share their expertise with our clients and community.
who you are
Our ideal person for this role will:
- Be excited about the potential for applying data to solve important issues in the world
- Have good copywriting skills, in particular the ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical readers
- Bring a creative flair to both our content and our marketing campaigns
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ways that inbound digital marketing brings new clients to a business
- Be detail-oriented and accurate in their work
- Have experience working with a digital marketing platform or a social media publishing platform
- Enjoy sharing knowledge with technical teams
- Be keen to work collaboratively
- Have the drive and ambition to develop their skills and ensure our marketing campaigns achieve their goals
salary and work environment
This is a 12-week internship opportunity, paying the London Living Wage. We are based in Bermondsey, London. We’re happy to discuss part-remote or part-time arrangements if those are important for you.
We’re a small, consultative and interactive team, which means that every member has a big influence on how things run and has a lot of control over the way they work.
If this looks like your kind of a role, please contact us at email@example.com with a CV.
Please note that you need to be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.
The deadline for application for this role is 10th October 2017
No agents please.
Share this article