Update: Please note this post has now been filled
We’re looking for an intern to help us develop an exciting city data product, Witan. More details are below.
who we are
Mastodon C are agile big data specialists. We offer the open source technology platform and the skills to help our clients realise the potential of their data. We work in particular in applying data to areas where we think we can have a positive impact on the world.
You will be supporting the development of our major new product Witan, which aims to use big data, open data, and analytics technologies to improve city planning.
Your main responsibility will be identifying, documenting, and gathering together key public datasets which support cities in solving their planning problems. This will involve desk research, discussion with our data science team, and some technical work cleaning the data and loading it into our platform.
You will work day-to-day with the software development team, business team, and our data science consulting team, who you will collaborate with to design and implement solutions both within Witan and in other projects.
who you are
Our ideal person for this role would:
- Have or be working towards at least Bachelors level degree in a numerate subject, or be very comfortable with working with data.
- Be confident and comfortable doing online research in a systematic way.
- Be excited to share their knowledge with the team, and keen to work in a collaborative environment
- Be detail-oriented and accurate in their work
- Have good communication skills – able to listen to colleagues and clients and understand their challenges and goals, able to communicate complex structures and models to non-technical users
- Be interested in and excited about applying data and analytics to important issues in the world
salary and work environment
We are a data science consultancy based in Bermondsey, London. We’re happy to discuss part-remote or part-time arrangements if those are important for you.
We’re a small and very consultative and interactive team, which means that every member has a big influence on how things run and has a lot of control over the way they work.
This is a 12-week internship opportunity, paying the London Living Wage.
If this looks like your kind of a role, please contact us at email@example.com with a CV and we’ll talk.
Please note that you need to be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position.
No agents please.
Share this article