Very sadly, our fantastic Delivery Manager Elisabeth is moving away. However, this means that we have a very exciting vacancy!
This is a senior role, based in central London. This person will be responsible for shaping and delivering the new Witan city data platform product, as part of a very collaborative, flexible, and high-performing startup team. The project is funded by Innovate UK until 2018, and uses the Greater London Authority as a test bed.
- Managing and guiding the work of the technical team and subcontractors who are coding the platform, using an agile project management approach, including prioritising tasks, managing to deadlines, and ensuring good teamwork and communication
- Setting and communicating product direction and vision to the internal team and to external stakeholders including the GLA, Innovate UK, and future customers
- In collaboration with the CEO and CTO, setting the commercial direction of the product, including directing market testing / interviews / research, and proposing and prioritising new features or vertical focus in response to market feedback
- Pursuing new leads for potential users and engaging with the wider user community through meetings, networking, and conferences
- Managing and tracking the project budget, including detailed quarterly reporting of progress and financial status to Innovate UK
- Managing relationships and negotiating deliverables with key stakeholders and subcontractors, in particular GLA
- Collaborating with the rest of the management team to co-ordinate Witan with other projects, managing time, budgets, and profitability across the company
The ideal candidate will have experience in successfully leading technical project delivery with a small team, and will be able to demonstrate a track record of taking a product from idea to commercially successful reality. They will be comfortable handling and resolving uncertainty within the project. They will be knowledgeable and excited about the potential for applying data for social, environmental, and business impact. They will be comfortable negotiating with and building relationships with senior stakeholders and possible customers.
A hands-on and flexible approach is very important: while this is a key role, we are a startup with a flat structure, which means that we all fulfil many different tasks and roles as needed.
We are happy to consider part-time or flexible working proposals.
how to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and cover letter.
Share this article